- celebrated CNY with le hub the first time as a married couple and gave out our first angpao
- celebrated our first year wedding anniversary and 10th year of being together. So thankful to grow up with him and go through stages of life together.
- understood for the first time that work loyalty, dedication, performance, and being current are not enough when my fav senior was retrenched. It was truly heart breaking yet eye opening.
- started looking for new job actively
- attended a couple of job interviews, and never heard back. But some of the questions asked made me think.
- heard the rumor of contract may not be renewed.
- at the same time, received offer from singhell. We prayed about it every day and believed that it was a timely offer (even though I would have to take a paycut). Accepted the offer and resigned from the company I've served for 5 years plus.
- new job required me to travel by public transport for 5hours to and fro. It was a period of great challenge for me
- work is absolutely horrible. There are unspoken expectation of us working extra with no compensation in any kind. The work itself is easy but the volume is crazy.
- after my first week of being the standby person (24x7 support for 7 days. I dun think I've slept more than 10hours combined during the entire week), immediately started looking for new job.
- with God's grace, landed on another offer before the end of my probation period. Tendered my resignation and caused some hoo-haa in the team.
- after the resignation, all the praises and beggings came. It was great for my self doubt. I knew I was good enough but didn't know why I just couldnt find the strength to shut up and work extra like others. They confirmed I was one of the best they've had.
- said goodbyes to my colleagues and left. It was hard. I liked all of them.
- Had a two weeks break before I need to start work at my new workplace on Jan. Focussed on interacting with le hub and in laws.
- Anxious but excited about the new job. I've learnt so so much from singhell that I can appreciate lots of things that I would normally overlook now. Thankful for the pain and suffering I've had for that four months. Truly a “Thank you, next” moment.
That's about it.
Happy new year! It's gonna be great!
Monday, 31 Dec 2018
Enjoy reading this?
Join our community! Download the app, and get updates from loveylynn. Remove this bar by logging in.