Yeah! Finally the long #goodfriday weekend is here. Tonight I replicated this Portugal Chicken Baked Rice which I saw from a cooking show last night
Prepare this Portugal curry with;
2 skinless chicken legs with thighs
100-120ml coconut milk
1.5 tbsp meat curry powder
1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
4 medium potato, cubed
1 medium carrot, chunk
5 brown button mushroom, thickly sliced
1 large brown onion, sliced
some red & green capsicum
1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
200ml hot water
1. Trim and cut chicken into 1.5cm thick slices.
2. Marinate with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp cooking wine, 1/4 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger juice and some spring onion for at least 30 mins or more.
3. Lightly pan-fried potato cubes till browned, remove and set aside.
4. With the same pot, sauté onion for 1 minute, add in chicken and cook till slightly browned.
5. Add potato and carrot follow by curry and turmeric powder and cook for another minute till fragrant.
6. Add water until it cover the ingredients. Lower heat and simmer till potato become soft. Stir in coconut milk and summer on Low heat for another 5 minutes.
7. Lastly in a baking dish top cooked rice with generous scoops of curry, capsicum plus handful of shredded mozzarella cheese.
8. Baked in preheat 200 degree oven for about 5 minutes till cheese bubbled and browned.
Love the overall taste especially when fresh coconut milk is added instead of those pre-packed type.
Furthermore handful of mozzarella cheese already add in some creamy and cheesy taste to the curry.
Here is a short clip on how to prepare the dish.
Thursday, 13 Apr 2017
Enjoy reading this?
Join our community! Download the app, and get updates from cuisineparadise. Remove this bar by logging in.