Being tempted by all the Passionfruit Chiffon Cake which appears on my feed so I decide to bake one and share with mum who love this exotic fruit.
Ingredients: (8" tin, 20cm tin)
5 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
60ml passionfruit juice + 1 tsp pulp
40ml corn oil / grape seed oil
100g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
5 egg whites
80g caster sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
- egg used is 55g each with shell
- Lemon zest is optional
- lemon juice can be replaced with 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Using a hand whisk beat egg yolks and sugar till pale and creamy.
2. Stir in oil, passionfruit juice, pulp and sieved flour (plus baking powder) in sequence till well combined. Set aside.
3. Next using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites (plus lemon juice) till foamy before adding sugar in 3 batches. Continue to whisk on medium speed till stiff peak.
4. Gently fold whites into flour batter in 3 batches till combined.
5. Pour batter from height into the ungreased Chiffon Cake. Bake in preheated 170 degree oven (2nd lower rack) for about 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre & comes out clean.
6. Invert cake tin immediately to cool completely before removing.
Love the unique flavour and super bouncy and fluffy texture. Eat bite is filled with hint of passionfruit aroma which makes it so good to go with a cup of tea.
Here is a quick demo on how to prepare this Passionfruit Chiffon Cake.
Thursday, 23 Mar 2017
Enjoy reading this?
Join our community! Download the app, and get updates from cuisineparadise. Remove this bar by logging in.