Welcome the year of 2015!
Wishing everyone with good wealth, health and happiness in the year of 2015. 🎉🎉🎉
Let's start of this year with a very basic recipe sharing.
Are you curious what is the simple recipe? Is your mind saying what seems easy to me may not be easy for you? 😄😄
Does economy style fried rice vermicelli/ bee hoon (炒经济米粉) sounds easy to you?
Yes, this is the simple recipe that I am sharing today.
This is a very basic fried bee hoon which is selling at a very affordable price in the markets and food stalls. And sometimes, there's extra dishes that you can order to go with your fried bee hoon. Hence this is why it is named as economy style fried bee hoon.
(Serves 2 - 3)
200g rice vermicelli/ bee hoon
3 - 4 cloves garlic
3 - 4 leaves cabbage
A bunch choy sum
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp dark soy sauce
Dash of pepper
1. Soak the rice vermicelli in water until it has soften. Drain and set aside.
2. Mix light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, pepper, sesame oil and water in a bowl until well incorporated.
3. Add the mixed seasonings into the soften bee hoon. Mix until all the bee hoon are coated with the seasonings.
*This step is inspired by @mummytong through her Teochew Kuey Teow recipe that she posted on 11/10/14, day 284. So the credits have to go to @mummytong for sharing this excellent tips! 😄😄👍👍
4. Finely chop the garlic.
5. Cut the choy sum and cabbage into small bite sizes.
6. Fry the eggs into an omelette and thinly slice it.
7. Heat up the pan with some cooking oil and stir fry the choy sum until the texture of your choice. Remove and set aside.
8. Using the same pan, add some cooking oil, and stir fry cabbage until it reaches the texture of your preference. Remove and set aside.
9. Heat up about 2 tbsp of cooking oil, and stir fry the garlic until fragrant and lightly brown.
10. Add in the seasoned bee hoon and the remaining seasonings water into the pan. Stir fry until all the seasoning has evaporated and the bee hoon are totally cooked.
11. Lastly add in the cooked vegetables and toss evenly. Serve in individual plates and topped it up with some sliced omelettes.
You can serve this economy style fried bee hoon with side dishes such as luncheon meat, vegetables curry, deep fried chicken and etc etc.
I sometimes served mine with some spicy fried chicken and vegetables curry. I had posted both the recipes earlier that you can refer to if you are interested.
🔸Spicy fried chicken recipe (Posted on 27/10/14, day 300)
🔸 Vegetables curry recipe (Posted on 28/10/14, day 301)
#tasteofmalaysia #recipes #homecooked #malaysianrecipes #economyfriedbeehoon #friedbeehoon #homecooked
Thursday, 1 Jan 2015
Enjoy reading this?
Join our community! Download the app, and get updates from coasterkitchen. Remove this bar by logging in.